TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1037859970

From: "Chuck Wolfram" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Birth Registration
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 01:26:28 -0500

<> wrote:

> I have a birth registration
> which is held centrally by the GRO for Scotland but it is the local
> for the Parish. Would I source this as Birth Registration (Local Level)
> have the repository as the GROS or source it as Birth Registration (State
> Level)?

I would do neither. I would use the source templates created for British
sources, of which this is one, designed by our very own Caroline Gurney. Go
to and download a file with all of her
sources. One of the problems with the Mills based sources is that they are
written specifically and don't take into account variations; also they seem
to presume American sources.

Chuck Wolfram

This thread: