TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1038177244

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Sourcing
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 17:34:04 -0500

Jane Sherratt wrote:
>How do others source things like "Personal knowledge" and "Interviews"?
>with family while growing up. Like I know my brother went to the same
>school I did. And, my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins
>told me many things - some are anecdotes, but some were from their
>memories. Is an "interview" with a now deceased person reposing in my
>home! What do others do with these matters?

This is what I use (Full Footnote) for my Personal Knowledge Source:
Personal knowledge of [INFORMANT] ([INFORMANT
ADDRESS])<. [COMMENTS]><, [CD]>.

I put the Comments Source Element in the Template because I thought I might
want it later, but I have never used it.

As for interviews, I use the standard Source Type for that with some minor
modifications. The Full Footnote looks like:
Interview< with [INFORMANT]>< ([INFORMANT
ADDRESS]),> by [INTERVIEWER]<, [INTERVIEW
DATE]>. [REPOSITORY] ([REPOSITORY ADDRESS])
<. [COMMENTS]><, [CD]>.

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;