TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1038188438

From: "John Cardinal" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Sourcing
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 20:40:43 -0500

Jane Sherratt wrote:
> >When you "open the Tag Entry and click on Citations and pick one" there is a
> >large text area. I just noticed that it is unlabeled. It is the "Citation
> >Detail" field, and it is where you enter something...
> >
> But, what I write in there never gets into the <[CD]>. I just had an
> idea! Does it show in the full footnote preview, or not until it is
> actually printed on paper? My! I'm grateful to have this List when I
> can stuck like this. Thanks to all of you! jane

Jane,

It won't show in the preview. The values you see in the Source Definition
window, including the previews, applies to *all* the citations to a source, not
to a specific citation to the source. That is true even when you open the Source
Definition screen via a Citation in the Tag Entry window.

Run a report that shows sources to see the CD in the sentence.

John

This thread: