TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1038425816

From: Glenn and Eileen Mahler <>
Subject: [TMG] Witnesses on Residence Tag
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:36:56 -0500

I am trying to establish a residence tag for a family with the parents as
Principals and the children as Witnesses. Consider the scenario:

Papa Smith and Mamma Smith move to Location1 in 1940
Child1 is born 1943
Child2 is borm 1946
The family moves to Location2 in 1947
Child3 is born in 1950
The parents stay in that house till 1975 after the children have moved out
as they reach adulthood (say 1963, 1968 and 1967 respectively)

If I make:
A) a residence tag for Location1 with the parents as Principals
using the date "between 1940 and 1947" and with Child1 and Child2 as
witnesses ---- AND
B) another residence tag for Location2 with the parents as
Principals using the date "between 1947 and 1975" and with Child1, Child2
and Child3 as witnesses

Then the residence sentences will print out cleanly for the parents, but
will have "incorrect" dates for the kids ---- in fact - adding the kids as
witnesses you get a warning message that "the age (-3) of Child1 SMITH does
not meet the expected minimum age for a person in the Witness role of this
tag"

On the other hand if one makes separate residence tags for each interval
(i.e. 1940-1943, 1943-1946, 1946-47, 1947-50, 1950-63, etc.) then the
sentences will work our with appropriate start/end dates for each of the
witnesses (kids), but the parents and kids will all have multiple sentences
saying they lived at a given location for multiple cosecutive date ranges.

Of course one could go into the resulting report in a text editor to "fix
up" the problems in either message style, but I would like to know if
anyone has come up with am ingenious method to handle this that doesn't
require post-editing and allows each person involved to have "appropriate"
dates associated with his/her stay at that residence.

Thanks for any good suggestions.

Glenn Mahler

This thread: