TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1038665327

From: "Doreen & Peter Neilley" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] 5.04 Short Descr. and Comment Fields in Master Place List
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 07:08:47 -0700

I did a lookup in the TMG5.04 Help and it said this about "Comment"
"If you need to make a comment about a particular place, put it in the
comment field. This could, for example, contain directions to a location."
You mention that the "Detail" section will print out every time the place is
used, so you can get *global* information . Can I assume that the "Comment"
section will print out when I do a LOP, when it becomes available? So that I
could include historical information, how to get there, etc,. and print out
something similar to a personal gazetteer? I was doing this manually for
every one of my major families as a Text Item in the Books in FTMv10 (try
figuring out if you have included all the places for each family!
arrggghhh!), and am very hopeful that TMGv5.04 will be a bit more helpful on
this point!
Doreen Neilley

Wholly Genes, Inc.