TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-11 > 1038665796

From: Richard Brogger <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] v5 images in reports
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 08:16:36 -0600

Hi Peggy,

I created a folder C:\genexhibits\family and C:\genexhibits\thumbs.
I added flag.jpg to family as a color image.
I added flag.jpg to thumbs after making it 1/4 dimensions and
grayscale.
Using Sample, John Alexander (17), I added flag.jpg from family to
Exhibit Log (EL) as primary.
Using Windows Explorer, I changed family to ;family
I set Preferences to C:\genexhibits\thumbs.
I opened Exhibit Log and the grayscale image was shown and it was
**primary**.
I removed the semicolon from ;family and opened EL again. The image
was color and primary.

I have toggled back and forth by adding or removing the semicolon from
family and it does not matter whether the image file is from family or
thumbs, it is still primary.

I hope that something above will help you find out what we are doing
differently. I do not understand why a primary image from one folder
is replaced with the same file name from a second folder and not
marked primary. I am missing something, somewhere.

Richard Brogger

wrote:

> Richard: That was a great idea but am afraid it didn't work. I changed two
> of the "family" files as you suggested but neither the chart nor the image
> window picked up the thumb version. If I mark a thumb as "primary" it does
> get used. If you have further ideas to try tomorrow I would appreciate
> hearing.
>
> Peggy
>
> From: Richard Brogger <>
>
> Hi Peggy,
>
> You do not mention changing the family file name so I hope that is the
> problem. TMG5 will always look first in the folder from which the
> files were added. If the files are not found in that folder, TMG will
> look in the folder listed in Preferences. Since the "family" folder
> still exists, you will get that image. If the normal folder is renamed
> "remfamily", or whatever you like, then TMG will look in the folder
> listed in Preferences because it can't find the folder "family".
>
> The fact that "thumbs", "family 1", and "family 2" are sub folders
> within the "genexhibits" might cause a problem but as best I can
> recall, it shouldn't. Normally, I would just test the method but I am
> having mouse problems. The darn rodent gives me double clicks
> sometimes and no clicks other times and when I drag an image file, it
> drops it along the way. I'll have a new mouse tomorrow and can test
> then if you have trouble.
>
> Richard Brogger

This thread: