TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-12 > 1039992179

From: "myrnice" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Re: Sentence Help
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 17:42:59 -0500

James

The problem is that the birth tag is normally the first tag in the tag list.
TMG always prints the name of the person at the start of the output with a
space after the name. It does not matter what tag you use as the first tag
this is always true.

When the first tag (birth) starts with a variable that is the full name of
the individual, it is ignored and the rest of the tag is appended to the
name already supplied (with a space after it). This is where the extra space
is coming from and I have reported it to the developers.

Myrnice

"James P. Colgate" wrote on Sunday, December 15, 2002 4:10 PM

> Cheri,
> I was curious, so I also tried a bunch of different sentences. I can
> confirm your results -- I always got a space after [P] and before the
comma
> of [PAR]. However, for some odd reason, using [P1] works just as
> expected -- with no space. So unless Elsa has some unusual sentence
> structures for the birth of twins, she should be able to use [P1] to fix
the
> problem. Looks like a bug, since [P] and [P1] yield different results in
> the same circumstances(!?!)
>
> James Colgate

quotes)in