TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-12 > 1040525337

From: "Cheryl Strange-Laetsch" <>
Subject: [TMG] RE: External Exhibits
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 21:48:57 -0500

EST -----
>> Subject: [TMG] Re:External Exhibits
>> Roger wrote:
>> <changes begin>
>> Let's try this first.
>> Open Exhibit Log.
>> Right Click on one of the frowing faces.
>> Select Properties.
>> Select the Info tab. You should see a "Full name:" that will show the
>> path and
>> file name and look like this: "Full name: C:\THE MASTER
>> GENEALOGIST\PICS\AMERICAN_FLAG_FLOWERS.JPG". You can select your text,
>> press Ctrl+C to copy.
>> Go to File> Preferences> Current Project Options> Advanced and enter
>> the full path for your exhibit folder by pressing Ctrl+V to paste the
>> exact text. Press [Apply] [OK] and check your exhibits.
>>
>> If this does not help, let us know what the path is in Preferences>
>> Info.
>>
>> When I press (Apply) I get a message that "File
E:\TMGC#B8C\01-2#283.TIF does

>> not exist". Create new folder? When I press (OK) a warning comes up
"Cannot
>> create folder".
>>
>> The path in Preferences>Info is:
>>
>> IMAGE
>> ************************
>> File E:\TMGC#B8C\01-2#283.TIF not found
>>
>> Thanks for the help,
>> Ade

Hello list! I am also having this issue. I moved from an old computer
where my images were located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\TMG5\Pics\
to a new computer where the images are located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\Laptop\My Documents\TMG5\Pics\

Note that the old computer login was "Owner" and the new computer is
"Laptop". This breaks the TMG link to the exhibit because the path isn't
relative to "My Documents".

The image name CANNOT be selected when the link is broken. I have
approximately 300 external images that I need to relink. UGH.

Best Regards,
Cheryl Laetsch

This thread: