TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2002-12 > 1041186381

From: Richard Brogger <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] FTM dilemma
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 12:26:21 -0600

Jane Sarles wrote:

> Richard,
>
> I have had problems with all gedcoms on my computer saving and opening as
> FTM. I downloaded Genviewer as you recommended. Is it necessary to do
> anything to ensure that gedcoms open in it rather than FTM?
>
> Jane Sarles

You can change the .ged association to another application, such as
GenViewer. However, FTM doesn't care what you want, it will change the
association back to FTM. Unless they have changed it since v7.0. Other
than removing or not opening FTM, I do not know how to maintain
GenViewer as the program for opening GEDCOM files.

While I still had FTM installed, I opened GenViewer first and opened
the .ged from there.

Richard Brogger

This thread: