TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-01 > 1041613853

From: <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Attaching child to parents and child to parents
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 18:10:53 +0100

Terry
Ole, I've looked at your original post on item (A) and don't understand
what you are saying has been removed from version 5.04? So far as I can
see, there has been no change on this from version 4. What am I missing?
(OBD) As commented in an earlier mail:
You find it in v 4 when you add a "Son-Nat". Then you are asked by a dialogue box "Who is the subjects son?" and given these options:
Add a new person
Link a person from the pick list
Link a person by ID number
Link no specific person right now
Cancel

If you e.g. choose Link a person from the pick list you are asked which mother to attach.
It is the latest step that is mission from 5.04, as far as I can see.

Like my reply this morning on your item (B), I think this two would be a
nice addition, but suspect it will not be high on the priority list
because there is already a way, though somewhat longer, to do the same
thing.
(OBD) I respect that.
Would only give a suggestion to improvement based on my experience, and think the missing routine (A) would be nice to have, at least.
Thanks for your comments.

Regards
Ole Bjørn

This thread: