TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-01 > 1041706513

From: Morgan Edward Johnson <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Toggle Primary
Date: Sat, 04 Jan 2003 13:55:16 -0500

At 01:20 PM 1/4/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Saturday, January 4, 2003, 1:17:17 PM, you wrote:
>JP> I have tags which are marked as primary for many people e.g.census tags or
>JP> employment tags. I want to only have certain tags marked as primary
>such as
>JP> BMD.
>JP> Is there a way to change a certain tag, e.g. Census 1881, so that it
>is not
>JP> shown as primary in my project?
>JP> The only
>JP> Jeff Piper
>JP> www.piper22.freeserve.co.uk
>JP> Stanley
>JP> Co. Durham
>JP> Land of the Prince Bishops
>
>There is no way to automatically change all Census 1881 tags to
>non-primary. You'd have to do them manually, one-by-one.
>
>That said, perhaps you could give us a little more information on what
>you are trying to accomplish as, there is almost certainly a much
>easier way to do it than marking all of those tags non-primary.

I understand what he wants. When tags are entered, the first one you enter
(or the one you designate) is marked as primary for each category of tags.

Is there a way to tell TMG that you don't want *any* tags from a particular
category to be primary?

That way, when you tell the tag list to show only primary tags, it'll only
show B, M, D tags, or whatever you wanted.

Morgan