TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-01 > 1041863061

From: torleif haugødegård <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Image Management (outside TMG) OT
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 15:24:21 +0100

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 09:52:30 -0600, Richard Brogger
<>:
>What this means is that I no longer need a complex system of folders
>and Ms Access. I can create a heirarchy that corresponds to my entire
>family. An image that contains both John Doe and Mary Smith can be
>assigned to both persons and, if there is anyone else in the photo, to
>them as well. I have a lot of pictures that contain a person or
>persons unknown. Whether part of a group or a single image, I can
>assign those images to "Unknown" as well.
>
>If that is not enough, I can also have categories the give locations,
>or physical attributes, time periods or anything I can imagine. If I
>have a color image, taken in Norway, between 1950 and 2000, of a women
>named Agnes, who is a descendant of Niels C. Brøgger, I can query I
>IMatch for pictures that are in all of those categories and get every
>color picture of the right Agnes and taken in Norway.

Regarding Norway, ;)
have you compared IMatch to (the norwegian) FOTOSTATION from
fotoware.com?
You can define projects with picture files from any directory, etc.
FS is used by many professional photographers, newspapers a.o.

Torleif Haugødegård

This thread: