TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-01 > 1041949276

Subject: Re: [TMG] Sort dates, reply to Bob (medium)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 09:21:16 EST

In a message dated 1/7/2003 8:12:58 AM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> This whole thread leads me to believe that TMG (and perhaps other programs
> of the ilk) should have an option for date sorting - one for
> dyed-in-the-wool researchers and the other for ordinary people who use the
> dictionary. Wouldn't that satisfy all?

I don't have a problem with the way TMG uses after right now, except I wish
there was a way to put an upper cap on it. (Maybe there is).
For instance:
Bob Jones died after 1765. I know this because he made a deed in his 85th
year in 1865, so I am assuming he died soon there after. (At least within the
next 20 years). But then, I want to do 1850 census work, and I search for
everyone who would be alive on the 1850 census. Since his death date is
after 1765, he shows up on the list, despite the fact that he has been dead
for at least 70 years,
The problem: If he had died after 1848, then I WOULD want him to show up on
the list.
So now, how do I get Bob Jones after 1765 to not show up on the list, but Bob
Jones after 1848 to show up on the list. <G>
Teresa Ghee Elliott
<A HREF="http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery/TMG%20census%20templates/tmg_census_templates.htm">Need help creating sentences for TMG, click here</A> or

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery/TMG%20census%20tem

plates/tmg_census_templates.htm