TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-01 > 1041964457

Subject: Re: [TMG] Sort dates, reply to Bob (medium)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:34:17 EST

In a message dated 1/7/03 11:25:45 AM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> Then why not just take a vote, decide what people want, implement it (or
> leave it as is), and be done with it?
>
> Morgan

A vote among whom?

TMG Users?
Professional Genealogists?
The genealogical community?
The general population?

While I don't care for the fact that rather specialized meanings have been
assigned to the words by professional genealogists; I do understand Bob's
stand. TMG is known as the software for serious researchers and thus MUST
stand by the "standards" of the professional community if it is to retain its
reputation.

The other choice is to attack these same professionals for their abuse of
common English- which is a war that can't, imho, be won.

This thread: