TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-04 > 1050759958

From: Eric Haas <>
Subject: Re[2]: [TMG] 5.06 Backups
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:45:58 -0400

Saturday, April 19, 2003, 8:36:15 AM, Astrid Kranzbuhler wrote:

AK> Jim,
AK> I just did some more testing, using Win98SE on 900Mhz and 512 RAM:

AK> I can repeat it at will, steps taken:
AK> 1. Backup with exhibits
AK> 2. Backup without exhibits under same file name:
AK> The backup process does not backup exhibits, but the backup file size stays
AK> the same as with exhibits
AK> 3. Backup without exhibits under new file name:
AK> Backup process does not backup exhibits and file size is reduced
AK> considerably

When you backup without exhibits under the same file name, are you
first deleting the previous backup with exhibits? Or, are you letting
TMG overwrite it?

I have found that under some circumstances, you can get Win98 to
report a file size that is out of date. I noticed that immediately
after I saved a file (not from TMG) it would sometimes be reported as
having a size of 0 and, if I overwrote a file it would continue to
report the old size. Selecting refresh from the view menu would then
cause it to report the correct size.

This thread: