TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-06 > 1054870142

From: Mikey <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Comment on UPS
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 23:29:02 -0400

At 02:49 PM 6/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Mikey,
>
>I suggest that you start by recording the watts used by each computer.
>How those figures are combined could be an important consideration.
>You may be able to use one UPS to power three or four computers.
>However, how long the batteries will last will depend on the combined
>load. If your combined load is near the maximum for the UPS, your
>computers will shut down very soon after the power outage begins.
>
>What is a typical power outage in your area?

I haven't had an outage in over a year now! I have all underground
utilities and there is basically no construction going on in the area, it
is saturated. The last time the power went out a squirrel dug into the box
and he got cooked. Two days later another squirrel followed him into the
big nut house in the sky. The power company did some work on the box and
surrounding area and now the squirrels can't get in! I have personally seen
squirrels chew thru steel wire so I don't know what they did, but it is
working!

Have you checked your Smoke Detector battery, LATELY?

This thread: