TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-06 > 1055256969

From: "Larry Voreis" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] To copyright or not
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:56:45 -0400

Hi Donna,

First, congratulations on completing your book, I know how happy you are to
be finished. I just published my book "Our Low Dutch Heritage," a project
that took me two years to complete. Maybe I can answer your questions.

About copyright: Your work is protected by copyright, whether you register
with the copyright office or not. Registration just makes defending your
copyright easier for the lawyers. All you need to do is put the following
note on the back of your title page: "Copyright 2003 C by Donna Chevalier."
The C is the international symbol for copyright and is required for
international copyright protection.

The best source of info on copyright is http://www.loc.gov/copyright/ where
you can download Form TX, the application form you need to complete to apply
for a copyright.

Just in case you are interested, you can find info on applying for an ISBN
at:
http://www.isbn.org/standards/home/index.asp

You can also obtain a Library of Congress Control Number through the
Preassigned Control Number Program at:
http://pcn.loc.gov/pcn/

Good luck!
Larry Voreis