TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-07 > 1057358831

From: "Teresa Ghee Elliott" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] TMG 5.07 - Partial names
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 17:47:14 -0500

Walt,
Another thing I did when John's last utility came out was create a name
tag called: Name-Standardize. I use this tag for names where the last
name is spelt several different ways. So I set everyone with the name
CREEK to CRICK, and everyone with the name CRICK to CREEK, using the
Name-Standardized tag. This added a LOT of new names to my dataset, but
now all my Creek, Crick family sort together in the picklist. I don't
use this name tag for anything else, and the sentence is --.
I also used it to add the soundex of the name into the Name-OTHER field,
which I then renamed SOUNDEX. This way I have a way of knowing the
soundex for a woman under both her maiden name, and her married name.
The point? John's Utility can help you a great deal in changing name
parts and creating new ones. So you can have it create a name married
tag for everyone with a > in their name. Then remove the > from the
name married tag. Then add the soundex of the married name so that you
have that handy when you need it in the PV.

Teresa Ghee Elliott
For examples of TMG sentences <http://www.tmgsentences.home-page.org>;
Interested in Rutherford County, TN cemeteries?
<http://www.rutherfordcemeteries.home-page.org>;