TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-07 > 1058351256

From: "Darrell A. Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Wishlist items
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 05:28:39 -0500

At 10:51 PM 7/15/03 -0400, Allen Mellen wrote:
>Darrell A. Martin wrote:
>
>>3. Version 4.0d can be set up to open a specific dataset. I think *not*
>>having that in version 5 is a pain in the neck -- perhaps I have a lower
>>opinion of it....
>
>In Preferences : Program Options : Startup and Exit, select "Show Welcome
>window," and you can select a specific project to open.
>If you use more than one project, that's the way to go.
>
>Allen

Hi, Allen:

This is a semi-useful workaround, but *not* what I'm wishing for. The
Welcome Window requires that I browse to the desired project. Although I
wouldn't necessarily recommend it to other users, I have projects on
different hard drives. Each project has its own folder, too.

In 4.0d, I have a shortcut that is defined to open a specific dataset *and*
to show the Person View of a specific individual, without having to make
*any* entry on the "Welcome Window". I can do without the specific
individual part of it, but...

Darrell

Darrell Allen MARTIN
a native Vermonter currently in exile in Addison, Illinois
www.darrell-martin.net/genealogy/

This thread: