TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-08 > 1060252826

From: "Darrell A. Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] backing up things
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 05:40:26 -0500

At 01:11 AM 8/7/03 -0400, Walt wrote:
>At 11:39 PM 6/08/2003, Stuart Armstrong wrote:
>> >If you don't intend to use any of the "real" languages being provided
>> >by TMG, you can freely edit the language strings and just tell the
>> >update to not update the language strings. Nothing you need will be
>> >lost. It's only if you want the new translations provided with TMG
>> >that you need to allow the updates.
>>
>>That's the problem. I wanted the new translations AND the customizations
>>I had made. Part of the dilemma was that the Spanish translation was
>>incomplete. I did some myself and then an update came, but it was still
>>incomplete, so I had to start translating all over again. Finally I just
>>gave up. Is the Spanish translation done yet?
>>
>>Stuart Armstrong
>>mail to:
>

>Stuart
>
>I thought I had read on this list that one could create a new language,
>and that since this language would have a name different from the ones
>that WG provided that it would not be overwritten if you accepted the
>language updates.
>
>Am I wrong about this?
>
>Walt

Hi, Walt:

Your impression is INcorrect. All the language information is stored in one
file. An upgrade overwrites the entire file. It is a "weakness in the
design" IMHO.

Darrell

Darrell Allen MARTIN
a native Vermonter currently in exile in Addison, Illinois
www.darrell-martin.net/genealogy/

This thread: