TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1062450917

From: "William M Roberts" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Focus group
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2003 17:15:17 -0400

Donna

Create a filter for the Family Group Sheet Report as follows:

# of children > is greater than 0 OR
( Sex = Equals M AND
Father* ID # is 0 AND
Mother* ID # is 0 ) OR
( Sex = Equals F AND
Father* ID # is 0 AND
Mother* ID # is 0 AND
# of marriage tags = Equals 0 ) END

This should get everyone that you want including the females without
spouses or parents. Good luck with you reports.

Myrnice

Donna Przecha wrote on Monday, September 01, 2003 4:02 PM
> Subject: [TMG] Focus group
>
> Is it possible to create a filter or focus group for the following:
>
> I have a database that was created as a research tool for a group of
> people
> who are not necessarily related. There are individuals who are not
> married,
> those who are and some with descendants for two or three generations.
> Ideally we would like to print all the information in the form of
family
> group sheets so that all people are printed but not duplicate - i.e.,
not
> print a sheet for the husband and another for the wife. If a child is
> included on the parent's sheet, we wouldn't want another sheet for the
> child by himself. Of course another one would be required if that
child
> also had children.
>
> I guess I would want a FGS for every person who had no father and no
> mother. There are only a few women who have no mother, father or
spouse so
> I could limit my group to males and add the few females manually. Is
there
> a selection so that any person in a FGS with descendants of his/her
own
> would automatically have their own FGS or do I have to devise another
> filter - any person with a father or a mother who also has children?
Would
> that cover it?
>
> Donna

This thread: