TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1062718828

From: "Dennis Norton" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] OT Early Sources and Surety Values
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 19:40:28 -0400

Bobbie,

Thanks for your thoughts, it was very helpful and pretty much reflected my
concerns with sourcing in these publications. As I'm reading this, it
occurs to me that it might be a great Off Topic discussion, so I'll move it
to OT and get it started. You say that you would assign a 2 to Torrey but
only a 1 to Banks and Savage. It would be interesting to hear from others
about what surety they would consider assigning to these and others of the
old "Tried and True", well known genealogical publications from many years
ago, the ones many of us have used extensively to "get started". Which ones
would be considered the "best" with the highest surety level?

Dennis