TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1062856529

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Flag problem - locked data sets message.
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2003 09:55:29 -0400

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003 03:36:34 EDT, wrote:
> Does the Flag manager manage flags for all data sets in a
> project?

Yes.

>Is setting a flag for ancestors of a person in
> dataset one likely to cause problems when running data
> set two which is a totally different family and does not
> include that individual?

No, because all flags other than the default flags are applied only to
one dataset. When you create a new flag, you have to specify the
dataset in which it will be created, as you note below.

> I was refused leave to edit or delete a flag "is ancestor
> of" on the grounds that there were no unlocked data sets
> in my project. That was nonsense. I closed TMG and
> reopened. Then created a new flag for the ancestors of a
> person in dataset 3.

I can't replicate your problem without more information. Seems to be
an unusual circumstance.

> I am rushed off my feet and dont have time to report all
> these errors and complications to technical help. I guess
> they would be overwhelmed too, if I did.

"All these errors and complications"??? Other than the "no unlocked
datasets" error, what other issues do you see?

Terry Reigel

This thread: