TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1062967052

From: Eric Haas <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] names and roles
Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2003 16:37:38 -0400

Sunday, September 7, 2003, 4:19:50 PM, Cheryl Chasin wrote:

CC> I'm doing my first real experimenting with using roles in TMG (v5.09). I
CC> have (with the assistance of Theresa's website) roles and sentences I'm
CC> pretty happy with except for one little thing. I would really like my
CC> sentences to list married women as they appeared in the census, i.e. using
CC> their married names not their maiden names. Is there any way to do this
CC> using name variables? I don't want it badly enough to write a separate
CC> sentence for each census tag as I enter it.

If you have Name-Marr tags for them, yes. When you enter a tag, look
on the top right side of the tag entry screen. There will be two boxes
that say "Primary Name", one for each principal. If you click on the
arrow button attached to the box, you will see a list of all of the
available names for that principal. Select one of the names and, TMG
will use that name for that tag.

You have the same options when you add witnesses to a tag.

This thread: