TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1063327237

From: "Paul E. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Automatically adding a birth tag
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 19:40:49 -0500

At 08:27 PM 9/11/2003 -0400, wrote:
>A word of warning about adding birth tags with no data. If you use the
>default sentence structures, those tags will produce narrative reports
>that start with something like "John Doe was born." for every person
>with those tags. You could avoid that, if narrative reports are a
>concern, by using a custom birth tag with a double exclusion marker as
>the sentence structure.

That's not true as further discussion and testing in this thread
indicated...I think it use to in 4.0 but when 4.0 was updated for the UFT
users it was changed...if a birth tag has not information nothing prints.....

Paul E. Lawrence

My Lawrence Genealogy web page is located at the following URL:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~lawrpaul/index.htm

Includes allied surnames of Bondurant, Bumpass, Burnett, Byerly, Daughtrey,
Ford (Faure), Harper, Harr, Hill, Kincaid/McMurry, Mullins, Rose,
Stansbury, Wilhite/Wilhoit. Also researching Daniel, Hardy, Hinton, Towne,
and others.

User of The Master Genealogist (TMG) http://www.whollygenes.com/index.htm

Member of the Roots User Group of Arlington, VA: http://www.rootsusers.org/

This thread: