TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1063473542

From: Kathy Lenerz <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] GEDCOM tags not exporting
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 13:19:45 -0400

Jim,
Thanks for the advice. I hadn't tried exporting a GEDCOM 4.0 file.
Everything came out fine when I did. BTW, I found this in the GEDCOM
5.5 specs:

"ADDR {ADDRESS}: = The contemporary place, usually required for postal
purposes, of an individual, a submitter of information, a repository, a
business, a school, or a company."

It looks like ADDR is supported in 5.5.

Thanks for the help,
Kathy Lenerz

Jim Byram wrote:
> Kathy Lenerz wrote:
>>I recently did a GEDCOM export of all my data– all people, all tags, all
>>events– and discovered that some tags did not export. They were all
>>standard GEDCOM tags: ADDR, ATTR, STIL, EMPL, and MISC. I tried both
>>ANSEL and ANSI export. I know there has been discussion on this list
>>about witnesses not exporting, but hadn’t heard about tags not
>>exporting. Has anyone else had this experience? Can anything be done
>>about it?
>
> Do you have GTMOOTMG? If so, take a look at Chapter 15 and Appendix
G. None
> of the tags that you list are supported by the GEDCOM 5.5 specs.
There are
> work-arounds or you can export a GEDCOM 4.0 file.
>
> Jim

This thread: