TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1063490706

From: "Pauline Ballentine" <>
Subject: [TMG] Sources & Repositories
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 15:05:07 -0700

I am still having trouble with my sources and repositories since coming over from UFT.

For instance looking at the Deed (county level) in Mill's book what she shows on pg 78 does not match what is on pg 282 in GMOTMG.

When editing the source what appears is:
Abb: GA, Tax Roll
Source Type: Tax Roll, filmed
Title Oglethorpe County GA Tax Digest
Short Title Oglethorpe Tax Digest
Name of Person xxxx
Date 1816-1824
Film microfilm Drawer 47, Box 11

What prints out is: XXXentry, 1816-124 Oglethorpe County, Georgia Tax Digest, Oglethope County Georgia; Georgia Department of Archives and History, microfilm Drawer 47, Box 11; unknown repository, unknown repository address. Hereinafter cited as Oglethorpe Tax Digest.

Obivously the source elements are not correct nd then in GMOTMG it asks for title, volume, CD, publisher, publisher address, etc.

Completely confused. Have tried different things in the different elements but why should this be so complicated?

Pauline Ballentine

This thread: