TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1063495198

From: "mbkitts" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] repository address
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 16:20:02 -0700

Cheryl,

In a genealogical program that I used in the past,
the repository was entered as part of the source
not as a separate item.

In TMG, the Repository record is created separately
from the Source and then the Source is linked to
the Repository record. This way, we can reuse a
repository that we had used before.

I find it best to first create my Repository (if it
is a new one that I have not used before). Then
I create the Source record and finish by linking
the Source to the Repository.

You can first create the Source, then the Repository,
and go back to the Source to link them together.

If you have Hoffman's GTMOOTMG, look at
the right hand column on page 102. There you
can see the repository address for the Broadmoor
Branch, Shreveport Memorial Library. The Repository
address, in this case is: "Genealogy Section,
1212 Captain Shreve Dr, Shreveport, LA".

Every time you use another Source that you saw
at that Library in Shreveport, you would link the
source to that Repository.

Does that make sense? It took me a week to
figure that out last spring.

Maggie