TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1063639935

From: "Phil O'Phax" <>
Subject: [TMG] Importing a GEDCOM file and how TMG numbers the records therein
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:32:15 +0100

Hi,

I seem to have hit a 'funny' with TMG 5.09. When I import a GEDCOM file, I
end up with one of two numbering systems. Either 2-1 to 2-891 or just 1 to
891 which seems to be a function of which type of Import Wizard option I
choose. Either way, I have only 890 actual records in the GEDCOM file.

I first noticed this in my web pages made using Second Site. What seems to
be happening is that the last record imported is given an ID numerically
one more than it should. I have now found this to happen with two imports
and the file concerned just had another 10 records in it since the last web
site creation on 10 September 2003.

Has any one else noted this?

<http://members.lycos.co.uk/philwarnorpkent/>; is the last created web site
with 880 persons numbered 1-879 and 881!

TIA

Phil.

Member of Kent FHS, NW Kent FHS, GLSFHS, CONFHS, DEVFHS, SoG, GOONS
I use and recommend CD's from ACDB for my One Name Study research
http://www.archivecdbooks.org/

This thread: