TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1063715892

From: "William M Roberts" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Help w/Sentence (v5.09)
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 08:38:12 -0400

Elizabeth

On Teresa's web site is a reference to Myrnice Census procedures. I only
use one set of roles for the witnesses and place the actual in the
census name tag. You might want to check this out if you need to include
additional roles.

The typical set of roles is: Head of Household, Wife, Husband, only 1
resident, resident01 through resident19 and resident.n

My census tag for the Head of household is:

[:CR:][:TAB:]As [P1], was enumerated in the 1 April 1930 census,
<[D]><at [L]>< with his [R:Wife].>< with her [R:Husband].><Residing in
the same household was [PP] [R:only 1 resident]><Residing in the same
household were [PP] [R:resident01]><; [R:resident02]><;
[R:resident03]><; [R:resident04]><; [R:resident05]><; [R:resident06]><;
[R:resident07]><; [R:resident08]><; [R:resident09]><; [R:resident10]><;
[R:resident11]><; [R:resident12]><; [R:resident13]><; [R:resident14]><;
[R:resident15]><; [R:resident16]><; [R:resident17]><; [R:resident18]><;
[R:resident19]>< and [R:resident.n]>.<[M1]>

The sentence structure for all of the others is:

[:CR:][:TAB:]As [RG:Head of Household]'s [R:resident01], was enumerated,
in the 1 April 1930 census, <[D]><at [L]><[M0]>

Of course you would change the role of resident01 to the appropriate
role for this individual.

I have a name style of census with the following output:

[Relationship] [GivenName] [Surname] [Age] [PLACEOFBIRTH] [MISCINFO]
[Occupation]

I have used the following locations to store the various data items:

Label 1 (Title) -- Relationship
Label 2 (Prefix) -- PlaceofBirth
Label 3 (GivenName) -- GivenName
Label 4 (PreSurname) -- MiscInfo
Label 5 (Surname) -- Surname
Label 6 (Suffix) -- Age
Label 7 (OtherName) -- Occupation

Label 8 and 9 are not changed.

I place any other data for the head of household in M1 and for the
spouse in M2. If any other data is necessary for residents I use M3
through M9 for these data. Some of the things I put in the memo 1
through 9 might be the place of birth of the parents, the age of first
marriage or number of years the individual had been married etc.

Using this method I do not need to have roles for every conceivable role
that could exist as I just add them to the census name tag and they
appear in the output in the same order they are in the census.

A typical output for a head of household might look like this:

As Head of Household 141/153, Thomas H ROBERTS (age 58),
born in Bahamas Islands, occupation: carpenter - ship, was enumerated in
the 1 January 1920 census, on 6 January 1920 at 612 Simonton Street, Key
West, Monroe County, Florida, USA, with his wife, Elizabeth ROBERTS (age
52), born in Bahamas Islands. Residing in the same household were his
son, Samuel ROBERTS (age 28), born in Bahamas Islands, occupation:
carpenter - ship ; daughter in law, Luella ROBERTS (age 25), born in
Florida ; grandson, William H ROBERTS (age 5), born in Florida ;
granddaughter Lois ROBERTS (age 3 years 2 months), born in Florida ;
daughter, Ruth ROBERTS (age 16), born in Bahamas Islands ; daughter,
Florette ROBERTS (age 12), born in Bahamas Islands ; son, William D
ROBERTS (age 7), born in Florida and daughter, Irene KENNEDY (age 22),
born in Bahamas Islands, occupation: trimmer - box factory. His parent's
were listed as being born in the Bahamas Islands.

A typical output for a head of household might look like this:

As Thomas H's daughter in law, Luella ROBERTS (age 25),
born in Florida, was enumerated in the 1 January 1920 census, on 6
January 1920 in 612 Simonton Street, Key West, Monroe County, Florida,
USA.

Myrnice

This thread: