TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1063913457

From: "Andrew Hough" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Inactive Sources
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:30:57 +0100

Hello Paul,

> When I first start with TMG I saw this problem happening all the time.
Some
> kind sole suggested organizing your sources using the abbreviations.

I have my sources arranged in a such a fashion, using a method that was
suggested here and modified to suit myself. My sources are, at the
moment, very generic (e.g. '1851 Census' is one source) with the details
in the citation detail. I am now looking at the idea of using very
specific sources, possibly one source referring to one family extract.
This will lead to many sources only being needed for a short time, while
the data is entered into TMG. Once that is complete, the source can be
made inactive.

Experimenting with that idea lead to finding the bug.

Regards

Andrew

This thread: