TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1064081912

From: Richard Cleaveland <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Is this a known bug?
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 14:18:32 -0400

At 01:44 PM 9/20/2003, Richard Cleaveland wrote:
>I have an LOP report filter set for "Any event sentence contains CENSUS"
>
>I don't get all of them. For instance, a tag sentence of "[RF:Head of
>Family] was listed as the head of a family on the 1900 Census <[L]>.
><[M3].>" is not found.
>
>Is this a known bug, a new one, or am I misunderstanding something?

I have since found that if I use a LOE report with the filter set for "Tag
type abbreviations starts with CEN" I find the tags. However, if I just
change the last to "CENS" or any longer string it does not find them.

Reference the first LOP filter, if I change the target string to "CEN" I do
find the people.

Something seems to be wrong (or unreasonably limiting) with the string
searches.

Dick

This thread: