TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2003-09 > 1064392674

From: "Jim Byram" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Problem with Name Sources in the Journal Report
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 04:37:54 -0400

Carol,

> I have discovered something very weird. The Journal Report is printing
> erroneous sources for name tags when the option "Include name sources" is
> selected. Also, if a name tag has no citations, a random one is printed
> anyway. Individual Narrative Reports do not have this problem.
> I can create this at will, by picking any of my people, adding a Name-Var
> tag, with or without citations, and then generating a Journal Report.

I tested the default journal report as well as my working custom journal
report and see neither problem. Sources were set to endnotes with no other
change. Checked about a dozen individuals. A new Name-Var with no citations
does not result in an erroneous citation. I can't reproduce the problems.

You have tried the default journal report? Is this a problem with an
interaction of settings in a custom journal report? Are you using unique
sources?

Jim

This thread: