TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-01 > 1073247293

From: Gordon Banks <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] OT - Scanners for Genealogy
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 12:14:59 -0800

The Microtek 6800 using Vuescan software (www.hamrick.com) does a very
good job on medium and large format negatives. For 35mm negatives, I
use a Minolta Dimage III, which does a very good job on those. Unless
you are a pro, investing in a medium format negative scanner is probably
too much. They are very expensive.

I also recommend Vuescan. It will usually do a much better job that the
software that comes with your scanner.