TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-01 > 1073616513

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] v5.11 "author" on census, birth, deathe, etc. sources
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 21:48:33 -0500

Barbara Heard wrote:
> I did the re-initialize like Lee suggested -AFTER I made a backup - and
>nothing changed! I STILL had 'author' for all those vital record sources.
> I started really checking every detail I could think of and somehow all
>of my federal census, state census, birth, marriage, and death certificate
>sources were set as source type - BOOK -!

After I sent my last message about this, the thought crossed my
mind. Sorry I didn't follow though and mention it. Glad you found it.

> I don't know how they all got to be BOOK source types, but I wonder if
>it might have been back when there were some genBridge problems with
>Generations. Anyway, I'm going to go look at all of my sources and make
>sure they have the correct source type!

That would be my guess. When a Source is created on import, TMG tries to
select the best Source Type for the new Source. However, when the new
Source is not clearly a specific Source Type, then the Primary Source Type
is selected. In most cases the Primary Source Type is the basic Book
(Authored) Source Type.

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;