TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-01 > 1074383655

From: Elizabeth Churchett <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] First citation - primary citation
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 17:54:15 -0600

Terry Reigel wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:32:47 +0100, Jutta Dennerlein wrote:
>

>>In cases where I have more than one citation for a tag
>>there might be one that is more appropriate for this tag
>>than the others (like the citation of a birth church
>>record for a birth tag). But this citation is often not
>>the first one I entered for the tag.
>>
>>Is there a way to make this later citation be displayed
>>as the first citation in the Tag Entry screen (especially
>>on the Basic-tab, but also on the Citations-tab)?
>>It seems that they are always sorted by entry date/time.
>>

>There is currently no direct way to manage the order of citations
>either on screen or in reports. It has been proposed that a way to
>order citations (mainly in reports, but also on screen) be added as an
>enhancement. I agree this would be very helpful, and think it would
>produce much more logical source notes.
>
>Terry Reigel

I agree completely that this would be very useful; I too would like to
order my source notes in terms of the weight I place on them, and I
would like to be able to do that independently of sureties assigned to
the sources (as many others probably would also, since that's not a
universally used feature).

--Elizabeth

This thread: