TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-01 > 1075071981

From: "Margaret R. Fortier" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Re: None Use of Sureties
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 18:06:25 -0500

I am a new TMG user, having gotten it for Christmas and I love it, even if I
don't completely understand all of it.

One of the features that I was very happy to have is sureties. I have
started to use them a bit as I am in the process of verifying my import from
FTM.

I like them because I feel I have a range of confidence in my sources and it
is not necessarily dependent on the source type. Being able to indicate I an
confident about the date but not the place in a record is useful to me as I
would not necessarily infer that from seeing the source.

As with other decisions, I am torn between deciding how to set something up
and standardizing right away or playing with it to explore it and then
deciding how to set it up.

This is a wonderful, helpful list. I have learned more from this list than
from the books (GTMOOTMG and User's Guide). The books are good on the how to
do things but with such a flexible program, I need to figure out why I want
to do it a certain way as well. Thanks!

Margaret