TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-01 > 1075417084

From: Alice Campbell <>
Subject: [TMG] Adoption Sentences
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 17:58:04 -0500

I've got my adoption sentences done as well as I can, but how do I get
the fact that a name change went into effect at adoption.

For instance the birth mother's sentence reads: "BIRTHMOTHER was
ADOPTEE's birth mother. BIRTHMOTHER put her child up for adoption and
she was adopted by ADOPTINGFATHER and ADOPTINGMOTHER on DATE in PLACE."

I want it to add " and her name was changed to NEWNAME."

On the adoptee's sentence I can just print the Name-chg tag right after
the adoption tag and it workd fine. For the other roles, that doesn't
work. Or at least I can't get it to work. The tag won't accept the
same person in different roles (with different names.)

Alice Campbell

This thread: