TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-02 > 1076187495

From: Allen Mellen <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Order of tags in reports
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 15:58:15 -0500

Kevin wrote:
>I don't want to carry this on anymore,
>but:
>
>Are you not born before you are married?
>Are you not married before you die?
>Are you not dead before you are buried?
>
>Just some food for thought for v6 <BG>

Of course. However, TMG is designed around the idea that in general tags
record evidence, not facts. That is why the user is given complete
control, via the sort date, over the relative positioning of event tags.

The positioning of Name-Marr tags in relation to a Marriage tag with the
same sort date.is a special case. I'm sorry I forgot that a special rule
had been programmed into TMG5 for these tags. I don't expect that a
persuasive argument can be made for a change in the treatment of event
tags, however.

Allen

Allen Mellen -- New York, NY and Heart Lake, Susquehanna County, PA
permanent email address:<>
http://www.geocities.com/allenmellen
http://www.geocities.com/allenmellen/tmg.html

This thread: