TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-03 > 1079894759

From: "Jim Byram" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] keystroke macros in version 5.0
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:46:04 -0500

Laura James wrote:

> I've always been told that TMG never takes away a
> feature but only adds them. If this keystroke macro
> capability no longer exists, isn't this contradictory
> to what is purported to be the protocol?

Sounds like one of those urban legends to me. <g> Keep in mind that TMG5 is
an entirely different program than TMG4. And one objective of development
has been to have the supported features of TMG4 (in a general sense)
available in TMG5. Also keep in mind that there are many differences between
TMG4 and TMG5.

The keyboard macro feature that Steve Warling was asking about was never an
'official' supported part of TMG4. Only a handful of people knew that it
existed, fewer people knew how to actually use it, and even fewer people
actually used it.

There are much better third-party keyboard macro programs available to fill
this niche. If any people are using such programs, please post your
suggestions about which to use. If there are some good suggestions, a
addition can be made to the WG FAQ how-to section.

Jim

This thread: