TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1081381262

From: Stan Morgan <>
Subject: census and Linksys router firewall
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 19:41:11 -0400

Has anyone experienced problems with census products and a
firewall/router? I subscribed to last week and at first I
thought I was into a gold mine. Then I found it would not work through
my router firewall.
When I called for assistance, he said it is my computer or
router or firewall. He also said that if I was getting the 1900 census
and not the rest of the census, that proved was good.
This is because my firewall is protecting against all other secondary
web locations. The 1900 census is the only one actually on the location. All the rest are on a second web page I know
some of the RUG have been able to get Genealogy to work. But have you
hit the firewall problem.

Here is my computer setup:
Pentium 4 with Windows XP home edition. Celeron with Windows Me
Laptop Pentium 2 with Windows 98
Linksys Four Port Wireless G Router Switch WRT54G

I am also using the The Master Genealogist 5.1 and the normal MS Office 97.
If anyone has a suggestion, I would appreciate the help.
Stan Morgan
703 764 0052

This thread: