TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1081447312

From: "Paul E. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Merger of two projects problems
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 13:01:56 -0500

At 12:55 PM 4/8/2004 -0500, Betty & Bill Ottoson wrote:
>After merging two projects I attempted to merge the duplicate people. I
>can get them both into the split screen but after marking what I want kept
>the MERGE button is grayed out so no merge is possible.
>
>Stumped. Where have I gone off track.

If you have merged two projects you now have a project with two data sets,
the data set from the original project and the data set from the merged
project. You are probably trying to merge an individual from one data set
with an individual from the other data set. This you cannot do. You must
merge the data sets and then merge individuals who are in the same data
set. To merge data sets look under File>Data Set Manager....

Paul E. Lawrence

My Lawrence Genealogy web page is located at the following URL:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~lawrpaul/index.htm

User of The Master Genealogist (TMG) http://www.whollygenes.com/index.htm

Member of the Roots User Group of Arlington, VA: http://www.rootsusers.org/

This thread: