TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1081867830

From: "Sharon Gayle" <>
Subject: Name Sort Problem on Bibliography
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 09:50:31 -0500

I am having a problem on the sort of an item in my bibliography report.

From my academic roots, I believe that a book should list with the
author/compiler's last name first. The following is an example of what I
mean:

Maddox, Joseph T. & Carter, Mary, (1976). 40,000 early Georgia marriages. .
Irwinton, GA: Maddox-Carter.

Instead I get:

Joseph T. Maddox & Mary Carter, (1976). 40,000 early Georgia marriages. .
Irwinton, GA: Maddox-Carter.

This latter form causes the record to sort with the "J's" rather than the
"M's" in the bibliography. How do I get this to print the way (and where) I
want?

Thanks for the help.

S. Gayle

This thread: