TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1081888986

From: "Teresa Ghee Elliott" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Variations in Surname
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 15:47:08 -0500

Laurie,
Each Name Style has several output templates.
From the Help file:

If you desire, you can also modify the order in which the data displays on
the Tag Entry screen and (in the case of names) the way it sorts. Rearrange
the order of the fields or delete the ones you don't want using cut & paste.
You can change:

Output templateUsed in report output and in most displays where names are
displayed as spoken, e.g., Person View, Family View, Tree View, Tag Entry
screen, etc.

Surname sort templateUsed to sort the Simple Picklist, Expanded Picklist,
and Project Explorer (when sorted by Surname), and in indexes.

Surname display templateUsed in the Picklist and Project Explorer
(when sorted by Surname) and in indexes.

Given sort templateUsed to sort the Simple Picklist, Expanded Picklist,
and Project Explorer (when sorted by GivenName).

Given display templateUsed in the Picklist and Project Explorer (when
sorted by GivenName).

Children/Sibling display templateUsed in the Children window and the
Siblings window.

Wholly Genes, Inc.

If you don't want a name to show, try putting in a name element that you
don't use for that name style.

Teresa Ghee Elliott
Any information I give that you can't find in your version of TMG 5.1 is
probably due to customization on my part.
For Rutherford County TN Cemeteries www.Rutherfordcemeteries.home-page.org
For TMG sentences
<http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery/TMG.html>;