TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1081948736

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Backing up Misc Files
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:19:31 -0400

bob gillis wrote:
>GTMOOTMG has a list of Backup file types on Page 27 which AFAIK are not
>backed up with the Project Backup. Has anyone developed a macro or some
>way to back up this rather long list of files? Many of them appear to
>be in the Program Folder.
>
>I am most interested in App.ini, Custom layouts, Custom Reports, Custom
>Toolbar and Filter Definitions.
>
>I note the latter are in the Project Folders. Do they get backed up
>with the Project?

At the present time with v5.11, the TMG backup will include all files
associated with a project but will not include files associated with the
program. Thus it will include filters and accent definition files. There
is a request on the wishlist for including other TMG Configuration files in
the/a backup process like we had in v4x.

I have not created any way to automate the backup of the TMG Configuration
files. But it should be fairly easy to create a batch (*.BAT) file using
the old DOS commands. BAT files are still useable even in WinXP. But I am
in no hurry to do this myself.

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;