TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082042882

Subject: Re: [TMG] re:pixel usage
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2004 11:28:02 EDT

Darrell wrote:
Right now, from what I have read, a significant percentage of PC users are
set up at 800x600 screen resolution, many of them in spite of owning hardware
capable of 1024x768 (or higher). I would expect the TMG user community to be
similar to the general PC user community in this respect. If Bob V. were to
target the TMG user interface to 1024x768, without consideration for anything less,
he would risk alienating potential buyers
I saw a recent survey of several hundred members of a genealogy group that
showed 44.5% using 800x600 and 40%using 1024x768. I suspect, as Darrell
mentioned, that a good proportion of those 800x600 users may have hardware capable
of higher resolutions.

Virginia Blakelock

This thread: