TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082134083

From: Allen Mellen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Death of...
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 12:48:03 -0400

At 09:55 AM 4/16/2004, Teresa Ghee Elliott wrote:
> What I need
>is a filter that will help me find all the descendants of a person who was
>still living at the time of their death so I can attach the witnesses to the
>tag.

Try:
Is a Descendant of ID# [?] AND
(* Death Group... Date Comes after [?] OR
(* Birth Group Date Does not come after [?] AND
LIVING Equals Y ) AND
ID Number Does not equal 0 ) END

You need to do it separately for each ancestor. There is no way to compare
dates on tags from different people -- one of the dates has to be "absolute."
The last apparently meaningless condition is required because this filter
need double parentheses.

Allen

Allen Mellen, New York, NY & Heart Lake, PA
Contributor to Getting the Most Out of The Master Genealogist

This thread: