TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082327237

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Roles and Gedcom
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 18:27:17 -0400

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 17:51:10 EDT, wrote:

> To stay on topic, I never send a Gedcom. Are you
> suggesting everyone can read a pdf file? I can't or
> rather they crash aol or else don't open. My computer
> does have enought memory, so it must just be something
> with pdf.

I'm thinking about attaching them to an e-mail. In that case, the
recipient would have to detach and/or open them with the Adobe Reader.
Details would vary depending on the e-mail reader used. I don't know
of any that read pdf attachments directly, but some may.

And, yes, detaching a file may be a challenge for some recipients, but
if it is, so would a GEDCOM be. And, if the recipient doesn't have
Adobe Reader installed, some would have a problem with downloading and
installing it, I suppose, even though it's free.

Terry Reigel

This thread: