TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082374384

From: "Peter R Thompson" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG - Name Variables for Parents problem?
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:33:05 +0100

One way is to use witnesses and roles.

In the birth tag make two roles: Father & Mother.

Add the father and mother as witnesses using the appropiate role. When
addding the mother select the name you wish to appear from the drop down
list (If the name you want is not here you will need to add a name-var tag
to the mother with the name required.

Amend sentence to something like: [P]<, daughter of [R:Father] and
><[R:Mother],> was born etc

Peter R Thompson
Bedworth
Warwickshire