TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2004-04 > 1082400196

From: "Jim Byram" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Tip of the Day - Source Elements and Source Element Groups
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:43:16 -0400

Teresa,

> BE CAREFUL doing this. If you change Source types, you will lose the
data
> that is just typed in. Earlier versions of 5.0 didn't do this, but the
> latest version does. Don't know if it is by design, or a bug.

I just tried that with both 5.11.000 and with the current beta and the input
was not lost. I created a new source using Article (Journal), entered data
into all fields, and then, without leaving the General tab, switched the
source type to Book (Edited). At least four fields became obsolete and their
labels switched to lower case but the fields and the data that I entered
remained.

Jim

This thread: